Tuesday, January 8, 2013

NEW Sharpie Art "Acrylic Invasion!" Finished & For Sale

Well now... this is fun to look at! I made this piece as a re-visit to the idea of the "Sharpie Vs Acrylic Battle"- only in this particular version the acrylic is the invading force. I got to use a handful of methods I experimented with last week and put them altogether to make this one- even did a little bit of airbrushing to get some drop shadows in there to help add some life to it. I'm still trying out brands of acrylic to test color quality, opacity, and dry gloss level, but I think I've found a couple that prove to be quite vibrant. This was a lot of fun and I didn't make too big of a mess. I really love the way the colors came out and how the different application techniques interact with the sharpie art.

"Acrylic Invasion"
Sharpie & Acrylic on 16"x20" Canvas
This piece is for SALE as well as Prints


Original/Print
©Chris Dunlop (Pinstripe Chris) 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment