Monday, August 15, 2011

Time Lapse Drums!


 ^^^ This is me ROCKIN' OUUUUUUUUUT!!!

So today, contractors showed up at our rent-a-disaster... at just short of 7:00 am. I know that's not terribly early for most people, but I'm still trying really really hard to enjoy my 'vacation', and this was an unannounced time. So they immediately came in and started destroying the 1 good room in the entire house- the upstairs bathroom. Why? I have no fucking clue. But what I will tell you is that it was louder then hell at our house at 7:00 am. So Caity and I went back to my brother Jake's house so she could shower and I could get some more sleep. Once I woke back up I was ready for revenge. Two cups of coffee later, I had an idea. These guys didn't mind making me wake up to unseemly noise, so I figured they wouldn't mind working through mine. That's right. I played the fuck out of some drums. I did ask their permission first and they said they wouldn't mind- but I knew they had no idea what they were agreeing to. Oh well. So I set up my time lapse camera and played for about an hour solid. In between songs I could hear Fred's car alarm going off. Now this is trivial- Fred sets off his own car alarm when I play drums (always)... and this is somehow less annoying to the other neighbors then my drumming? I don't think so. I guess he hopes that I'll be so annoyed with the sound of his alarm that I'll stop. WRONG. What it actually means is play louder. The construction guys never complained, so I guess it was cool.

Anyways... back to my time lapse video... The pics were taken at 10 second intervals for a little over an hour, and are played at about 0.25 seconds per frame. Occasionally you'll see me switching songs on the Ipod, or getting a new drum stick. Oh yes, they break. Millions of frames, lots of fun!! It's a time lapse, so there is no sound.

I love to play the drums and I know I look goofy doing it, but seriously, sooooooooooo much FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment