Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Random Rendering


A couple nights ago I was trying to keep my mind creatively active for a little bit and came up with a quick sketch of this car. It's not a real car in that it's not drawn from any reference- it's completely made up. However, it does have some references to it- like a mid 30's roadster that I guess I was thinking about while drawing. The next morning I decided to put some color to it while I was drinkin' my coffee. Since I used markers and pencils, it went really fast. Its not as super nice or clean as some of the others, but it still has a cool look to it. Definitely on the rougher side, but thats part of the fun. Besides, I think doing these quick little practice drawings is totally worth it. Doing something like this with a 'no boundaries' attitude can bring out ideas that can't be used in a task with lots of parameters.

Prints are available!

No comments:

Post a Comment