Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The most recent of Happenins'






This past Sunday I had a customer come by to get his 2012 Fiat 500 pinstriped. All he wanted was a simple red stripe that went down the sides and around the back. After the pins on the Caddy, these long lines we're a breeze. The stripes were not pre-taped nor did I use a magnet as a guide. Pure freehand. The red really went well with the brake calipers and the accent ring on the wheels. The next task of that day was to remove and repaint the wheels on the Caddy. Jake helped me get the car on jack stands and break all the lugs free (since many of them seemed to be rust welded on). Prepping the wheels was a dirty job, but had to be done. Next, I got the wheels onto the booth floor and covered them in plastic... cut out the wheel section... then taped the edge of the plastic to the edge of the tire. Clean a little more, then hit em with flat black. Done. And speaking of flat black... I also have a set of motorcycle parts I'm workin on here that got flat blacked and are waiting for pinstripes. Amongst everything else that I'll be workin on in the next few days, I'll be trying to get the stripes done up on these cycle parts. Busy time for the pinstripes... and everything else... high five!

No comments:

Post a Comment